Spring Street Patrol is a collaborative program of St. Patrick's Church - Out of the Cold Program, Ignite Young Adult Ministry and Summer Street Patrol based at 139 McCaul Street in downtown Toronto. After the tremendous work of serving the community during the winter months, we are continuing this great program throughout the Springtime.
Through your participation in the program, you, along with other volunteers will participate on a given evening by bringing a backpack with 6-10 Sandwiches in sandwich baggies (We will assemble them into lunch bags onsite with other supplies - You provide the sandwiches only), and together with our team, we will walk to areas where our help is needed.
Please come prepared with a backpack with your sandwiches, mask (optional based on your level of comfort), sanitizer, and be sure to dress according to the weather conditions. Volunteers are asked to gather in the hall (139 McCaul Street) by 3:30pm. Following an introduction to our night and gathering prayer, the group will leave from our start point. At the conclusion of the evening (up until 7pm), volunteers can leave from where they are enroute.
PRE-REGISTRATION is REQUIRED! REGISTER: https://bit.ly/springstreetpatrol
- Each participant is to register using this portal.
- If you are looking to help on more than one day, please register for each date individually.
- Registration is required to allow for proper planning of each night.
- Registration is closed Wednesday for the following Sunday or when the group reaches the maximum of participants (15-20 people)
- If your desired date is not listed, then we have reached our capacity for the coming Sunday.
Please note: There may be times when we will have food donations provided for distribution. We will let volunteers know that as soon as we can. Otherwise, please plan to participate with your own donation of sandwiches.