Spring Street Patrol is a collaborative program of St. Patrick's Church - Out of the Cold Program, St. Patrick's Ignite Young Adult Ministry, and Summer Street Patrol based at 137 McCaul Street in downtown Toronto.
Through your participation in the program, you, along with other volunteers will participate on a given evening by bringing a backpack with 8-10 prepared lunch bags (sandwich, box drink, fruit, and sweet snack), and together with our team, we will walk (or take TTC) to areas where our help is needed.
Please come prepared with a backpack with your food donations, mask, sanitizer, and be sure to dress according to the weather conditions. Volunteers are asked to gather on the front steps of the Church at 137 McCaul Street by 4pm. Following an introduction to our night and gathering prayer, the group will leave from our start point. At the conclusion of the evening (up until 7pm), volunteers can leave from where they are enroute.
The Program is scheduled to run each Sunday evening from 4pm - 7pm, beginning April 11 until June 27.
- Each participant is to register in advance
- If you are looking to help on more than one day, please register for each date individually.
- Registration is required to allow for proper planning of each night and facilitate a record of contact tracing for COVID-19.
- Registration is closed Wednesday for the following Sunday or when the group reaches the maximum of participants (15-20 people)
- If the portal is closed, then we have reached our capacity for the coming Sunday. Please check back after the following Monday. 🙂
Please note: There may be times when we will have food donations provided for distribution. We will let volunteers know that as soon as we can. Otherwise, please plan to participate with your own donation of prepared lunch bags.
Peter Berger and Matthias Beckmann
Coordinators of St. Patrick's Spring Street Patrol