IGNITE Canada (www.ignite-canada.ca), a program of Redemptorist Youth and Vocation Ministry, is pleased to offer a series for the development and support of leaders in ministries with young people. This series, called, “NETWORK” is a year-long journey for parish leadership development.
These Virtual Seminars will provide parish leaders and volunteers with a comprehensive understanding of ministry, along the tools for developing new initiatives for work with young people (elementary, high school, young adult, and family ministry) by offering sound theological foundations for ministry.
Watch the Orientation Video from September 8 and learn more about the program beginning on September 29! Not too late to register your group!
Check out the following brief videos to help further understand NETWORK, and how it can benefit your ministry with youth, young adults and family and children!
What can Participants expect?
- online gatherings that will be informative, interactive and engaging.
- an opportunity to learn from professionals in ministry with young people.
- an opportunity to “network” and build connections between Redemptorist parishes, and parishes across the country, learning from one another and rooting our ministries in the Redemptorist Charism.
- offering of support and skills to build a local team of volunteers to shape the vision for ministry with young people in your parish, along with the mission of the parish and Pastoral Staff.
- through participation in the sessions, assigned readings and offline individual group work, groups of volunteers will build an identity to foster their ministry in a pro-active and professional way. Participants can expect about 2-3 hours of work each week in addition to the bi-weekly Network Sessions, and any ministry programs that are initiated for young people.
- casual volunteers are welcome to participate with a reduced time commitment, provided there is a core team for the parish that commit to the process for the parish.
- the program will follow the pace of the participants gathered for this opportunity.
- ongoing support of planning of initiatives to build or continue their ministry efforts.
- resource sharing on social media and virtual platforms.
- assistance with creative possibilities in designing initiatives and evaluation of progress.
Calling together a Team to take this Journey
- encourage about 3-6 people to be part of this journey
- talk to parishioners who are parents and desire a creative venture to build faith and community with young people.
- talk to parish staff and key volunteers who are looking at building their team and efforts in ministry
- engage with young people who desire to engage their faith with their peers
Fr. Santo Arrigo C.Ss.R. – Coordinator of Ignite Ministry Canada, Toronto, ON
Dr. Anne Walsh D.Min. – Redemptorist Adult Faith Formation Team, St. John’s, NL
Schedule for NETWORK LEADERS SEMINARS!
NOTE: All sessions run from 7pm-9pm (Eastern Time) and 7pm-9pm (Mountain Time). Participants only attend one session.
Watch the video from the September 8th Orientation, and sign up for the upcoming sessions beginning September 29!
Thursday September 29: Igniting a Vision of Ministry with Young People
Thursday October 27: “Smelling the Sheep” – Where does Ministry with Young People Happen?
Thursday November 24: Igniting our Leadership Potential
Thursday December 15: Making Connections: The Key to Effective Ministry
Thursday January 26: Evangelization and Catechesis: Proclaiming the Gospel Anew
Thursday March 2: Justice and Service: Walking in the Way of the Redeemer
Thursday March 30: Prayer and Worship: Gathered and Nurtured in Christ
Thursday April 27: Pastoral Care: Bringing Together Hands and Heart