Winter Street Patrol "Into the Cold" is a program of St. Patrick's Church - Out of the Cold Program, and organized by Ignite Young Adult Ministry based at 139 McCaul Street in downtown Toronto. As COVID-19 has prevented our doors from being opened to our sisters and brothers who are in need in the downtown core, we are taking it to the streets with food, clothing, hot beverage, emergency aid and referral information.
Through your participation in the program, you, along with other volunteers on a given evening will bring an EMPTY backpack, and together with our team, prepare lunch bags on-site to carry in your backpack and walk to areas where our help is needed. Please bring your presto card in case by chance we take public transit to a site.
Please come prepared with an EMPTY backpack to carry the lunch bags that you will prepare here, your personal non-medical mask, sanitizer, and be sure to dress according to the weather conditions. Volunteers are asked to gather at the Church Hall – Entrance at 139 McCaul Street by 3:30pm to allow time to prepare the lunch bags. Following an introduction to our night and gathering prayer, the group will leave from St. Patrick's. Please arrive on time. At the conclusion of the evening (up until 7pm), volunteers can leave from where they are enroute.
PRE-REGISTRATION is REQUIRED!
- Each participant is to register using the link below.
- If you are looking to help on more than one day, please register for each date individually.
- Registration is required to allow for proper planning of each night and facilitate a record of contact tracing for COVID-19. COVID Vaccination is not required for casual volunteers.
- Registration is closed on Wednesday prior to a given Sunday, or when the group reaches the maximum of participants (10 casual volunteers)
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR AN EVENING WITH "INTO THE COLD"
NOTE: If the Registration Portal is Closed, then we are full for the coming Sunday. Check back the following Monday.
For more information, contact our team: firstname.lastname@example.org